Do you dream of beautiful straight teeth? Orthodontic problems have a negative effect on the aesthetics of your smile and on your oral health. Patients who suffer from orthodontic problems may experience:
- Difficulty speaking clearly
- Problems chewing food
- Increased oral health problems, including broken teeth
In the past when patients were faced with enduring orthodontic problems or having a “metal mouth,” many opted not to treat their problems. For many patients, the aesthetics were a major factor in their decision, but difficulty with oral hygiene, food restrictions, and frequent trips to the dentist were factors as well. Thanks to Invisalign, more adults are treating their orthodontic problems. Now, adults account for 30 percent of orthodontic patients.
Invisalign can treat a number of orthodontic problems including overbite, crossbite, crowding, or widely spaced teeth. Dr. Rykard can tell you if your orthodontic problems can be corrected using Invisalign. Although patients are interested in Invisalign for the aesthetic properties, it offers a number of other benefits:
- The aligner trays are clear, so no one will know you are wearing them. Unlike metal braces, they do not detract from the aesthetics of the smile while addressing the orthodontic issues.
- The clear aligner trays are removed to brush and floss. There are no wires to trap food, making oral hygiene easy.
- With traditional wire braces, some patients have to see the dentist every two weeks. With Invisalign, patients only see Dr. Rykard every six weeks to monitor their progress, and to receive their next several sets of aligners.
- Patients who have metal braces often complain about the wires cutting their cheeks, which is not a problem with Invisalign because there are no wires.
- Invisalign is created from BPA-free plastic, making them a safe choice for patients who have metal allergies.
The Invisalign treatment process
During your initial consultation, Dr. Rykard will ensure that you are a good candidate for Invisalign. Either during the initial consultation or a follow up appointment, the doctor will take photos, x-rays, and impressions of your teeth. Your aligner trays and treatment plan will be created by the Invisalign lab using this information. Once Dr. Rykard receives your aligner trays, you will return for a follow up appointment to receive your first few sets of trays. You will return to the office every six to eight weeks to make sure the tooth movement is progressing according to plan and to receive your next few sets of aligners.
To find out if you are a candidate for Invisalign, call Dr. Rykard’s office at (405) 896-6919 and schedule your appointment. The office is located at 12448 St. Andrews Drive in Oklahoma City, OK 73120.